Me in 10 seconds:
I’m an author, educator, and adventurer who helps young people become more self-directed.
I design and lead life-changing trips for teenagers through my company Unschool Adventures.
I’m the author of three books, I speak for alternative schools and homeschooling conferences, and my work has appeared on The Huffington Post, The New York Times, USA Today, BBC Travel, Psychology Today, and Fox Business.
- The Way of Adventure: a free online course for adventurous young people.
- Off-Trail Learning: a resource site and podcast about self-directed learning.
- How to Live Nowhere: an online book about nomadic living for twenty- and thirty-somethings.
Upcoming appearances (see all):
- AltPath in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (April 29, 2017)
- HSC Conference in San Francisco, CA (July 27-30, 2017)
Blake Boles is open-minded, interested in everything, courageous, and passionately committed to individual development.
– John Taylor Gatto
New York State Teacher of the Year
Join 4,000+ Subscribers
I send one brief e-mail newsletter per month filled with links and updates. Always interesting, never spammy. Here’s an example.
You also get two free digital editions of my books when you sign up.