Join my newsletter to receive one brief e-mail per month filled with links and updates. You’ll also get a free PDF copy of Better Than College and the full audiobook of The Art of Self-Directed Learning.
(I promise to never share your e-mail with third parties, telemarketers, or high-seas pirates.)
- Bridging the Darien Gap
- The Way of Adventure
- Boredom, Agency, and Empowerment
- Sharpening the Edge of Life
- “They dislike abstraction; they dislike being sedentary; they dislike authoritarian control.”
- The Pursuit of Truth
- The Wildness of Children
- The Fortress of Tedium
- A Rare Interview with Grace Llewellyn
- Off-Trail Learning & How to Live Nowhere
- College Debt is Bad, But is Unemployment Worse?
- Elephants, Child Labor, and Intersectionality
- Adolescent Brains, Doing the Dishes, and Indebted Coyotes
- Creeping Concepts and Unschool Adventures Vegas
- Is Following Your Passion a Bad Idea?
- The $1000 Bachelor’s Degree + What to Do Instead of School
- Anyone Who Is Interested in a Tiny House is Interested in Unschooling
- “Why Do We Need to Learn This?”, Productivity, and How to Live Nowhere
- Walking Alone, Googling Everything, and The Cost of College
- Summer Camps for Self-Directed Learners
- Radicalized Homeschoolers, (Un)safe Spaces, and Minimally Invasive Education
- In Which I Perform a Scene from High School Musical 2
- Mindset, Video Games, and New Unschool Adventures
- Open Master’s, MicroMaster’s, and The Martian
- Micro-schools, powerful books, and SpaceX
- Obama on College Coddling
- Join the Helicopter Tiger Parents
- Do We Coddle College Students?
- Most Parenting Advice is Worthless
- What If Everything We Think About Discipline is Wrong?
- If You Don’t Get a Diploma, You Will Go to Hell
- Good Reasons to Take a Crappy Job
- In Defense of Doing Nothing This Summer
- Minecraft & Duct Tape
- The Double Blade of Ambition
- Ask Me Anything
- Does Homeschooling Open or Close Doors?
- The Dark Side of “Finding Your Passion”
- Insert Witty Newsletter Title Here
- I Started a Podcast!
- An Interview with John Taylor Gatto
- What Makes a Self-Directed Learner?
- Teachers Who Don’t Cooperate and America’s Worst Mom
- One Step Closer to a Hogwarts for Unschoolers
- How a 16-Year-Old Homeschooler Got Herself Into a Yale Class
“I’m Blake, and I approve these newsletters!”