Hi, I’m Blake.
Welcome to my home on the web.
Me in 10 Seconds
I write, speak, and build community in the realm of alternative education.
Since 2008 I’ve organized big trips for teenagers through my company Unschool Adventures.
California native. Frequent traveler.
Now available for collaboration: If you have a project, venture, or wild idea that might benefit from my involvement, I’m all ears.
Join my monthly email newsletter to stay in the loop:
Me in 10 minutes? Right here.
- Why Are You Still Sending Your Kids to School? (May 2020)
- The Art of Self-Directed Learning (2014)
- Better Than College (2012)
- College Without High School (2009)
- How to Take a Self-Directed Pandemic Gap Year in 2020-21
- What Does it Mean to Be Educated?
- Agile Learning Centers, Liberated Learners, and Sudbury Schools: What’s the Difference?
- Don’t Like High School? Then Quit.
Personal Blog Posts (all)
Online Meetups for Self-Directed Teens
I’m currently hosting online meetups for self-directed teenagers from all around the world. They’re free, fun, and casual—a great way to meet new friends. Sign up to get notified: