Hi, I’m Blake. Welcome to my little corner of the web.
🐿️ In a nutshell
I’m a traveling writer with a lust for adventure.
Since 2008, I’ve designed and run teen adventure programs through my little travel company, Unschool Adventures.
40 years old. California native. Current owner of two touring bicycles and zero cars. I live a low-income, high-freedom lifestyle, filled with friends, nature, travel, and creative pursuit. My mission is to keep this spark alive and pass it along to young people.
Join my mailing list, The Adventures of Blake, for the occasional fun story and big life update.
I’m also working on a new book called Do What You Love and Die Trying ❤️💀
✍️ Recent writing
- August ’23: Against the Real World
- July ’23: House, Room, Home
- June ’23: A Cheater’s Guide to the Bay Area Ridge Trail
- May ’23: Living Safely is Dangerous and Deadly
- April ’23: Thoughts on AI and Education
- March ’23: Teaching Adventure
- Jan ’23: Ecstasy, Transcendence, Adventure
- Dec ’22: 2022 in Review
📍 Current location
🌎 Where to find me next
- Berlin + Europe (Oct – Nov 2023)
- Patagonia (Dec 2023 – Feb 2024)
🙋♂️ About this site
Blake Boles dot com is both a personal and professional site. Enjoy the nooks and crannies. Write anytime.
Top Photo: Camino de Sharkiago, 2022