Welcome to the March 2015 edition of What I’m Doing With My Life.
Where I Am
Boulder, Colorado (mostly) with a few weeks of leading education workshops in Chicago, Virginia, and L.A.
Chicago ain’t so bad when the snow melts.
How I’m Feeling
Happy for longer, warmer days; Excited for my fall teen program which has tons of applicants; Enjoying the conversations I’ve had in developing a podcast; Still a bit lost and wandering.
What I’m Working On
- Launching my new podcast!
- Running multi-day leadership workshops for teen groups in Chicago and LA
- Giving the keynote presentation at the Virginia Homeschoolers Conference.
- Interviewing participants and recruiting staff for the Unschool Adventures Adventure Semester.
- Leading a work party in rural northern California on the 400 acre property that will eventually host Hogwarts.
- Planning summer backpacking trips + other adventures.
- Reading: Education at the Edge (on the history of the Colorado Outward Bound School) and Sacred Summits (tales of John Muir)
What I’m Obsessing Over
Creating professional-sounding podcast episodes.
How I’m Funding It All
$$ from the workshops and speaking gigs.
Where I Need Help
I’d like to do more private education coaching for teens and families this summer while I’m living in South Lake Tahoe, CA. (This is done over Skype, so I can work with anyone.) What kind of package deal or special offer can I make it more enticing? I’d like to try something new. Contact me with your two cents.